Helpful
Replies

Register DX80 to Expressway via Internet

mkchandak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to register a DX80 to EXP-C via EXP-E. Setup:

DX80 <-- Internet --> EXP-E <--DMZ--> EXP-C.

This setup keeps failing. Documentation for EXP does not show this option. Is this supported with EXP series or does this need to go through VCS -C and VCS-E ?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Expressway and VCS use the same code, you can configure MRA with either one. In most documentation/training they're interchangeable terms.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@Jaime Valencia: Doesn't MRA work with CUCM. The setup doesn't have CUCM. This is from EXP-E to EXP-C.

@Randy Valverde Rojas: I have all these configured and i still cant get the DX to register.

Documentation for VCS/Expressway beats me. There is no clear differentiation available anywhere as to what functionalities work with VCS and what with Expressway and if you if go to the Products section on cisco.com there is no data sheet available either for EXP 8.10 or VCS 8.10. And if Cisco is selling them as you different options, i'd always guess there is some difference between them.

Hi 

We were trying to register a VC endpoint on Exp-c from internet via exp-E but the registration is failed. 

We were able to register the phone to call manager without any issues.

Flow

VC endpoint - internet - Exp-E (Dual LAN) - Exp-C

Kindly share if you have documents or any help more appricated.

Regards,

Charles K

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your end goal is to register to CUCM this should work.

========================================

If the end goal is to register to the EXP-C this should also work as long as you have newer versions of expressway servers were they take local registrations (after x8.9 I believe).

You need search rules on the EXP-E to forward the register to EXP-C, you will also need to make sure the domain is NOT configured on the EXP-E and that it is configured on the EXP-C to take local registrations.

Also check that the traversal zone in use is set to "Accept proxied registrations" on the C and the E allows to proxy registrations (Configuration >> Protocols >> SIP).

Hope this helps.

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you take logs from both expressway servers while trying to register? i can take a look and see why the registration fails.

Thanks!

Sure I will update the logs asap.

Endpoint model: DX 80

Expressway version: 12.5.1

Regards,

Charles K

Sure I will update the logs asap.

Endpoint model: DX 80

Expressway version: 12.5.1

Regards,

Charles K

Please find attached the logs from Exp-E&C and DX80.