cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register Webex Room 55 Dual in CUCM v12.0 - Issue StatusFailed: 485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch

abioST
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I deployed CUCM v12.0.1.1 with room kit device pack and now I have to register a Webex Room 55 Dual with collaboration endpoint 9.5.1 and select Cisco Spark Room 55 product type with SIP protocol for that requirement. But  i have an issue with unknown registration and none ipv4 address. Then, I checked Roomkit 55D status and show ERROR: SIP Registration too.

The device is showing SIP Registration failed.

I have created a local user and associeted it with the device also but still not registered.

StatusFailed: 485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch

There are some logs to find in status logs

*s SIP Proxy 1 Address: "10.X.X.X"
*s SIP Proxy 1 Status: Active
*s SIP Registration 1 Reason: "485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch"
*s SIP Registration 1 Status: Failed
*s SIP Registration 1 URI: "user@domain.net"

Best regards,
AST

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@abioST wrote:
I'm searching the latest device pack release in January

The January one isn't the latest - there is a February version:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286313357/type/282074299/release/12.0(1.22033)

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

As far as my knowledge is concerned webex board can only be registered with Cisco cloud, you may double check on this.

You can register in Cisco cloud and on-premise mode witch CUCM.

You shouldn't need to configure a user for it. Just add the MAC address to CUCM, then change "provisioning mode" to "CUCM" on the endpoint and point it to the CUCM server/s.
If you've only just installed the device pack you *may* need to restart Tomcat and/or Callmanager services.

Hi Nick,
I 've checked those options in CUCM and endpoint,but it is configure already. About the Tomcat service, I restart it after register the endpoint. Thanks for your support.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @Nick Halbert-Lillyman said, after installing a new device pack on CUCM version 11.5(1) or later, you need to make sure you have restarted your Cisco Tomcat service on all nodes, restarted the Cisco TFTP on all servers where the service is running and restarted Cisco CallManager on the Publisher.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Tianjun Zhou
Level 1
Level 1
You can install the latest device pack and select product type Room 55 Dual, not Room 55

Tianjun is correct - this is your problem. The Room 55 Dual is a newer endpoint than the single, and is a different device type - your error clearly indicates that's your problem. You will need to upgrade your device pack and recreate this endpoint (you can't change the device type after you've added the device). 

HI PJMack, I appreciate your advice. I've been surfing on the web and find the latest device pack release in January. I've checked the model name but i can't find Cisco Webex Room 55 Dual. Those models was attached with a bug ID CSCvm36477 but not for Cisco Webex Room 55 Dual.
Can you share the link with the device package for Cisco Webex Room 55 Dual if you have it, please?

Cisco TelePresence DX80
Cisco Webex Room Kit
Cisco Webex Room 55
Cisco Webex Room KitPlus
Cisco Webex Room 70
Single
Cisco Webex Room 70 Dual

Best regards,
Abio ST

Thanks for your help @Tianjun Zhou. I'm searching the latest device pack release in January but i can't find spark room 55 dual in link. Maybe can i use one of those options for some compatibility device or its mandatory to use spark room 55 dual device type?

https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/145129/cmterm-devicepack12.0.1.23033-1_Release_Notes.pdf

Cisco TelePresence DX80 CSCvm36477
Cisco Webex Room Kit
Cisco Webex Room 55
Cisco Webex Room KitPlus
Cisco Webex Room 70
Single
Cisco Webex Room 70 Dual

Regards,
Abio ST

@abioST wrote:
I'm searching the latest device pack release in January

The January one isn't the latest - there is a February version:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286313357/type/282074299/release/12.0(1.22033)

Wayne
--

Thank you for your assistant @Wayne DeNardi. When i checked released notes it was published January 30 and does not indicate the device model cisco webex room 55 dual type.

Also I checked the matrix compatibility, but the last updated was February 5. There's no devices with collaboration endpoint 9.5

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix.html

I think Cisco has not yet updated its matrix with the latest versions of CE. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: