Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering a TelePresence CTS-MX200 on my network

Edson Vuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ONE MORE TIME, Guys.

I have an issue, that is to register and configure the TelePresence CTS-MX200 on my network.

I have a router with Call Manager Express (CME) 8.6 on it, the IP phones 9971 and the switches.

What are the requirements for a successful registration and installation of the TelePresence CTS-MX200?

What are the steps I should take?

My Server is SIP.

Any help i will be thankfull.

Thanks for your attention and time

-- Regards Edson Vuma
8 Replies 8

Edson Vuma
Level 1
Level 1

What else is needed in order to install it?

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Hi Edson,

I dont think you would be able to register MX200 to a CME. It is currently not tested. However, you can definitely try and check.

I have already mentioned the settings which you need to do. You can find my message in your inbox. I found some configurations missing in your the configurations you provided.

But I received your response that it is still not registering. Hence, I dont think we will be able to make it work since currently only CUCM is supported.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

OK, Thanks.

And whta should I do to install it using CUCM?

Thanks for your help.

-- Regards Edson Vuma

You can follow the same steps as mentioned and specify the IP address of the CUCM as the SIP Proxy Server.

You will need to create a device profile and also make sure that the CUCM is on ver 8.6.2.

For more information, please refer to the following document :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_tc5_on_cucm8-6.pdf

This would guide you in a step by step manner to register it on CUCM.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Sorry to ask, one more time, but how do i install the CUCM and where?

Thanks

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Mubashshir, are you there???

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Hi Edson,

I am here. CUCM needs a special hardware to be installed and you would require a license to install it. Please refer to the following link for more info :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_6_1/install/cmins861.html

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks...

But is it possible to download it?

Regards

-- Regards Edson Vuma