Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering Jabber to VCS-C Virtual Image LAB installation

CalastasT1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are there any licenses needed to register Jabber to a VCS-C that I have running in a lab environment?  

I have not been successful so far as I cannot change the "internal" or "external" configurations on my Jabber client?  The VCS-C is the free virtual image install and the jabber client is the free downloadable version from the cisco website.  BTW, I can register other SIP endpoints to the VCS-C...

Thanks,

Tom C.

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

The "free" version of JabberVideo locks it to the Cisco provisioning server, if you want to be able to change the server addresses, then you either need to edit the registry on your computer to "unlock" it, or, uninstall it, then download and install the "enterprise" version from Cisco;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613653&flowid=46186&softwareid=280886992&release=4.7.4.17771&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Just bear in mind the "enterprise" version is provisioned by you (or your organisation) so also requires TMS and the relevant licenses as well as the Provisioning Licence key on the VCS-C to work.

Only version which does not requires TMS etc is the Expressway Starterpack.

Also see the JabberVideo admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/Jabber_Video/4_7/CJAB_BK_CC653AA2_00_cisco-jabber-video-for-telepresence.pdf

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens - thanks for your response.  Let me review the info you have provided and I will post again if I have any questions.  ~tom c

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: