Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering MCU to CUCM 8.6

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a client who has a requirement to roll out Cisco Jabber throughout their CUCM 8.6 environment; a condition of this requirement is to enable ad-hoc multipoint conferences from Jabber clients.

Looking at the TelePresence MCU's, it now states that they can be registered to CUCM 8.6 and can be allocated as a media resource group for ad-hoc conferences, which is great.

The only thing is, I have some concerns surrounding the limitations outlined in the deployment guide:

• Scheduled conferencing is not supported
  • BFCP not support

The solution will be integrated into a VCS environment, no TMS is involved, but ideally they would like to schedule calls from the MCU when required. I know you can schedule calls from the MCU in previous versions, or if it’s registered to VCS; but does anybody know exactly what functionality is lost when registering to CUCM?

Also, can anyone confirm is BFCP is on the roadmap?

Thanks, Si

16 Replies 16

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could I registered the Mcu in the same time on the cucm and Vcs ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This is a great question and I could take a stab at it, but would really like someone from Cisco to confirm. If you register the MCU using H.323 to a VCS Control, and register the same MCU to CUCM using SIP, you should be able to use the MCU for both your VCS and your CUCM registered endpoints. The MCU will need to be in port reservation mode, which means it is going to be a scheduled resource. I would think that you could schedule conferences on this MCU using TMS for video endpoints registered to the VCS Control...and that you could also have ad-hoc conferencing capability for Jabber for Windows clients (which would be registered to CUCM). I am not sure of caveats and have not seen a document that spells out the process and any complications or best practices for using the MCU in this scenario.