Views
Helpful
Replies

Rejected Encoding RRQFailed

Dean O'Meara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could anyone give me any information on what this error means? We are trying to register an endpoint to a control and we keep getting this error.

We are not seeing any registration attempts on the VCS either.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

You are receiving this error because of the following reason:

E.164 Alias is supposed to be numeric and NOT Alpha-numeric.

In TC 4 and below, if you specify the E.164 as alpha-numeric, the endpoint would be registered which is not correct behavior.

From TC 5 onwards, this behavior has been changed and now if you try to register an endpoint having E.164 Alias as Alpha-numeric, the endpoint registration would fail and you will get the following error.

In order to fix this issue, please make sure that the E.164 Alias is Numeric.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Balazs Balogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dean,

If the endpoint is C series than please check the H323 settings (E164, ID). If someone changed this (reverse fill it) then you got the weird message on VCS.

Regards,

Balázs

Hi

We are seeing this error on the Endpoint - I am seeing nothing on the VCS. This is a new registration.

How do you mean reverse fill it?

Thanks

Hi,

My Customer I don't know why changed this settings. The E164 was xxx@xxx.hu and the ID was : 0000 (number), so this setting was the error. :-) Check on the endpoint's the web interface.

Cheers,

B

Hi All,

You are receiving this error because of the following reason:

E.164 Alias is supposed to be numeric and NOT Alpha-numeric.

In TC 4 and below, if you specify the E.164 as alpha-numeric, the endpoint would be registered which is not correct behavior.

From TC 5 onwards, this behavior has been changed and now if you try to register an endpoint having E.164 Alias as Alpha-numeric, the endpoint registration would fail and you will get the following error.

In order to fix this issue, please make sure that the E.164 Alias is Numeric.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks for taking the time to reply Mubashshir.

Your help has now fixed the issue.