Remote attendees cannot share screen until MX system does first

allanmohr
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting issue that no one seems to have an answer for:

Background:

-Cisco TelePresence MX700

-Connecting into Cisco Webex Meeting Room over H.323

-Remote attendee connecting using Cisco Webex Meeting Center application on a laptop

Issue as it reliably unfolds:

• The host (Telepresence) first connects to the Cisco Webex meeting room and enters the PIN to start the meeting as host.  (fine)
  • The remote laptop then connects to the Cisco Webex meeting room and now both the host and attendee are int he meeting   (fine)
  • The remote laptop attendee tries to share a local screen, but the "2nd screen" for our Telepresence remains blank.
  • On the Telepresence, I change the default SOURCE for 2nd screen to any other arbitrary source and then click "START PRESENTING".  The 2nd screen displays the shared content for all parties.
  • The remote laptop attendee then attempts AGAIN to share his/her remote content and it updates the 2nd screen on the telepresence w/ the content.

So to recap, I must first "wake up" (for lack of a better term) the telepresence's 2nd screen with a locally shared source BEFORE any/all remote participants can share their screens.  Seems like a bug, but perhaps it's a configuration issue.

I have an open Cisco ticket for this issue, and am also talking to a Cisco Webex senior tech, but so far no one is getting back to me and it's becoming quite frustrating.

1 Reply 1

allanmohr
Level 1
Level 1

This is the OP.

The issue has been fixed - turns out that I needed an outbound NAT rule on my ASA which is upstream from the device.  I have a border gateway appliance that I had a 1:1 NAT rule inbound but it suddenly dawned on me that I needed one out....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: