cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote migration of DX80 from CUCM to Cisco Cloud registration.

vince.young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have been assigned to move 400 or so Telepresence endpoints  from our CUCM/TMS environment to Cisco Cloud. I have found a way to do the Room Based devices; remotely connect a touch sitting at my desk so I can type in the activation code when needed.

The DX70s and DX80s are another story though. It's easy enough to do if there is someone on the far end to type in the activation code but I do not always have someone there. Has anyone been able to remotely pair a Touch10 to a DX? If not, has anyone found a way that doesn't require someone on the far end to type in the activation code?

Please and thank you,

Vince 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Justin,

No, not that difficult but when you work with "C Level" execs for a large corporation it provides better user experience. I guess every situation is a little different. 

We do send documentation to those that want to try and most times they get it right first shot. Some, not so much. 

Thank you. 

Vince

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot pair a Touch10 with a DX80, so that option won't work for you.

I recall there being a feature request raised for the ability to remotely enter a key, but this feature has not yet appeared in any of the software releases.   If this is something that is important for you, I'd suggest you contact your local Cisco Account Manager and get them to add the weight of your business case to the feature request to possibly help get it some higher prioritisation by the development team.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you for confirming this for me Wayne. I did have hope of being able to pair the Touch after reading through the CE8 docs. After trying several revs of software I let it be. It would be very important to our team for migration as well as troubleshooting. 

I have submitted a RFC through one of our Cisco reps. I am not getting warm fuzzies from it yet. I'll circle back with him on it.

Thanks again,

Vince

Is it that hard to provide your users with directions on how to factory reset the DX80 and then enter a 16 digit number?  I mean, our staff is pretty non-tech savy and I provide them directions on how to factory reset their DX80s and sign back in to our MRA setup all the time and never get any push back.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

Hi Justin,

No, not that difficult but when you work with "C Level" execs for a large corporation it provides better user experience. I guess every situation is a little different. 

We do send documentation to those that want to try and most times they get it right first shot. Some, not so much. 

Thank you. 

Vince

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1

Vince,

With the release of CE9.8.0 last week, you can now activate an endpoint via the web interface or the API.  See the release notes for the commands and or directions.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

GREAT News Justin,

I'll test this post haste!

Vince

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: