Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset TX9000 admin login credential

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Our customer changed their TX9000 admin login credential but forgot the password. I tried the default login 

which was : admin / cisco    but failed. Are there any ways to reset the password? Thanks!  By the way, client told us not to reset the TX9000.

5 Replies 5

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Danny,

Only way to recover a lost password requires the system to be reset and someone physically in the room. I can't find the document online anymore but I happened to had it downloaded. See attachment and look for Resetting Your CTS Codec Password.

Cheers

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for your comment. I have the same document and tried the password reset procedure yesterday. I couldn't login the codec with pwrecovery account. Can I change the SSH password on CUCM? Thanks!

I believe you can change it in the Device configuration, Secure Shell Information section.

Oscar

Thanks Oscar.

I will give it a try.

Danny

For steps on how to reset the password for the TX Series, take a look at the Resetting Your CTS Codec Password in the Administration Guide for Cisco TelePresence Software Release TX 6.  You'll need to be in the room to read a passcode that appears on the screen during the reset process.