Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieving Background PNG from EX90

One of my customers put in their own .png file for a custom background on one of my Demo units.

I would like to retrieve it from the unit before putting back our custom background.

Is there a way to ssl into the unit and sending the file to an ftp server?

From the web interface does not allow it and it does not seem to be there if I log in via ssl as admin either.

I am guessing there is a way to do it if I log in as root and be very very careful.

thoughts or hints?  If this is not something to share in the open, you can send it to me directly at richm@fltg.com

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

You have to enable the root account first. As admin, run the command "systemtools rootsettings on [password]".

Then, ssh as root. You should find the custom wallpaper you're looking for in /user/posters/. Use scp in command line to download the file or WinSCP if you prefer a desktop application.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

You have to enable the root account first. As admin, run the command "systemtools rootsettings on [password]".

Then, ssh as root. You should find the custom wallpaper you're looking for in /user/posters/. Use scp in command line to download the file or WinSCP if you prefer a desktop application.

Thanks.  Worked perfectly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: