Views
Helpful
Replies

RMA Cisco Jabber (One way Audio )

Ali Jaffry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed two separate Virtual machines VCS-Control and VCS-Expressway (Version 8.2) on a Cisco UCS server. Both VMs are on the same subnet and connected to the LAN interface of Cisco ASA firewall (No DMZ) network. I am able to connect Jabber from outside, but when one Jabber calls another Jabber that call can be received and pickup up but there isn't any media in between them. VCS-E is statically NATed with a Public IP. Also NAT Reflection (Static Policy NAT) and all the relevant ports are open on Cisco ASA 5505.

Any help from any one would really be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

So essentially the VCS-E is sitting outside the firewall?  Minus the NAT?  I was under the impression you'd want two VCS-E.  One outside the firewall public facing, while a second inside the firewall.  Internal users would connect to the VCS-C and only leverage the two VCS-Es when attempting external calls.  That could be an out dated model though.

As i said earlier both VCS are on the inside (LAN) subnet of the firewall. Also VCS-E is statically NAT with a Public IP. Also I can ping my VCS-E with it's name from the internet.

There is only one VCS-E with a single NIC card ( no dual NIC ) as well as there isn't any DMZ on my firewall.

The only issue currently i have is when i connect two Jabber clients from the internet and initiate a call between them then only one Jabber can hear the audio from other while the other can't hear anything.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ali.

As far as I know, this is an unsupported configuration.  If you're going to NAT to the VCS-E, you have to buy the Dual NIC option.  Otherwise, you can't configure the VCS to put it's NAT address into the packets.