Views
Helpful
Replies

RMA Cisco Jabber (One way Audio )

Ali Jaffry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed two separate Virtual machines VCS-Control and VCS-Expressway (Version 8.2) on a Cisco UCS server. Both VMs are on the same subnet and connected to the LAN interface of Cisco ASA firewall (No DMZ) network. I am able to connect Jabber from outside, but when one Jabber calls another Jabber that call can be received and pickup up but there isn't any media in between them. VCS-E is statically NATed with a Public IP. Also NAT Reflection (Static Policy NAT) and all the relevant ports are open on Cisco ASA 5505.

Any help from any one would really be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

So essentially the VCS-E is sitting outside the firewall?  Minus the NAT?  I was under the impression you'd want two VCS-E.  One outside the firewall public facing, while a second inside the firewall.  Internal users would connect to the VCS-C and only leverage the two VCS-Es when attempting external calls.  That could be an out dated model though.

As i said earlier both VCS are on the inside (LAN) subnet of the firewall. Also VCS-E is statically NAT with a Public IP. Also I can ping my VCS-E with it's name from the internet.

There is only one VCS-E with a single NIC card ( no dual NIC ) as well as there isn't any DMZ on my firewall.

The only issue currently i have is when i connect two Jabber clients from the internet and initiate a call between them then only one Jabber can hear the audio from other while the other can't hear anything.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ali.

As far as I know, this is an unsupported configuration.  If you're going to NAT to the VCS-E, you have to buy the Dual NIC option.  Otherwise, you can't configure the VCS to put it's NAT address into the packets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: