cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rollover to ISDN on Gateway module for IP/VC 3540

judybender
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the Gateway module on the IP/VC 3540 has the option to roll over to ISDN for when a determined number of channels has been used, this is for voice.

Can it roll over to ISDN for Video over IP when a determined bandwidth has been reached?

3 Replies 3

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

As far as I know, you could use ISDN to interface with the non H.323 capable (i.e, H.320) VC systems. I am not sure if you could use it for fallabck option with Video over IP.

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

Not clear what you mean by "rollover". Could you be more specific?

Taking a guess ... The IPVC 3540 does support RAI/RAC so that additional spans of ISDN PRIs can be accessed when the 1st have been exhausted with either inbound or outbound GW calls.

Additionally, it is possible to force video calls that would ordinarily use IP WAN bandwidth to use the 3540 GW when IP WAN has been exhausted. This requires specific configs with the MCM/GK and integration with a Cisco NAM server for redirect capability. Hope this helps

Are you required to configure the technology-prefix or gw-type-prefix to support outboung GW calls on the 3540? I am having a problem with outbound calls. Inbound calls come in and i see them on the GW monitor.