Views
Helpful
Replies

ROOM KIT and ISDN Link combination

d.andrianaly
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Is it possible to combine an ISDN Link with a ROOM KIT ?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Spark Room Kit doesn't support ISDN Link, according to the ISDN Link Data Sheet, it only supports EX, MX, SX, and C Series endpoints.

>>>Spark Room Kit doesn't support ISDN Link

- I examined API guide for Room kit and found many commands corresponding to ISDN Link. I think the codec has support for ISDN Link. E.g. xCommand Peripherals Pairing Pair (Pair an ISDN Link to an endpoint)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce90/room-kit-api-reference-guide-ce90.pdf

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you can. My guess is the data sheet that Patrick is referring to is somewhat dated, I happen to have a new Dual 70 and the button to add an ISDN link in the peripherals section is there, Cisco would not include that if it wasn't doable. CE9.2.1 here to be specific. 

Link.PNG

Rishabh Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI @d.andrianaly,

Yes, ISDNLink can now be paired with newer endpoint models like Room Kit Series. It is supported on CE9 from CE9.3.0 with some limitations (newer codecs don't support H263/H261 which may lead to some interop issues). ISDN Link should work fine on CE8.x as well.

Just be aware requires the use of IPv6 to work so the codec ipstack should be set to dual.

You can also check the same information in CE 9 release notes @ page#19:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

Support for ISDN Link :

ISDN Link version IL1.1.7 is supported for all room devices that supports CE9.3.0. ISDN Link has previously been supported with CE8 and requirements are the same from CE9.3.0. In order to pair the ISDN Link, you must enable IPv6 on the room device.

Regards,

Rishabh Gupta

Please rate the response and mark as answer if found appropriate.

@Rishabh Gupta wrote:

newer codecs don't support H263/H261 which may lead to some interop issues

CE9.4.0 added H263 content sharing back in to the Cisco Webex Room Series endpoints, so this should no longer be an issue, but is considered "unsupported" if the other end is not a Cisco MXP device.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: