cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room kit mini flickering main video

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

We got our first room kit mini (RKM) and its setup in a room we previously had a SX10 in. The main video flickers. Typicaly one would suspect that its a problem with the florecent light in the room. I have tried seting the "Powerline" setting to the three available choices (50,60HZ, Auto) - no change.  The codec is updated to  CE 9.6.2.

13 Replies 13

Elter
Level 4
Level 4

We have the same problem and in our case it only happens if we use in a room with LED lamps. In another room with fluorescent lamps it works fine.

I have oppened a SR for this.

It's probably the LED lights , Ihave checked the room in which we have the problem - the lights are LEDs.  We have 5 other installations of room kit minis that dont have this problem.   I checked annother room that we have a room kit in with the same type of LED lights - dont seem to be a problem in that room.

In many of the cases I have seen, it has been the fault of the LED lights.  Many also produce significant amounts of IR which can also affect anything in the rooms which require IR remotes.

You mention that 

I checked annother room that we have a room kit in with the same type of LED lights - dont seem to be a problem in that room.

Did you try the Roomkit that "flickers" in the other room, or are you just comparing the two rooms with different equipment?  Trying the "flickering" unit in the "non-flickering" room will help determine whether your Roomkit is causing the issue or not.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

We had the same issue, it was fixed by adjusting the Camera Framerate in configuration.

it defaults to 30, fixed when changed to 60.

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon everyone,

Did this issue get resolved afterwards, as we are having the same issue, I have tried changing the Camera to work at 60 Hz but we are still getting a lot of flickers?

If we turn the lights off the issue goes away.

Many thanks

No the problem remains for us. We have orderd new lights. We have 21 systems runnig 19 fine, but two of them in room with LED lights.

You are going to the extent of replacing the lights in the room to correct the issue? 

I have been told our LED lights are running at 50hz. I have placed the Camera in 60hz and the preferred resolution. 

So is it the camera being too sensitive to the light changes?

It did fix the issue initially here, but it returned and now is a constant.

New lights will have to do for now.

@JonesR wrote:

I have been told our LED lights are running at 50hz. I have placed the Camera in 60hz and the preferred resolution. 

If you lights are at 50Hz, you should have your camera set to 50Hz too - having a mismatch between the lights and the cameras is what causes the flickering. If the flickering continues, it's likely that your lights are not actually at 50Hz (especially if they are LED lights).  Lighting is key to a good video experience, so it shouldn't be considered lightly when making a video room.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the info.

it's been tricky to try and resolve,  an example : we have three meeting rooms which are side by side with the same lighting.

We have an Sx10, Mini and Room Kit in these rooms and only the Mini is having the flickering issue.

Will be easier to try new lighting as 50Hz ad 60Hz and auto have been unsuccessful.

Cheers

Hi Wayne,

Do not know if you can help but could we confirm but we are looking at sorting our lights out, is it the 50/60 Hz that the camera within the Cisco Room Kit Mini will be recording/view at that frequency as our lighting contactor is asking the question?

Or anyone if could confirm the camera frequencies areas I could not see it clearly stated on the datasheet unless I missed it. 

Many thanks,

R

We were having the same issue. The our senior engineer had a hunch that the camera was having difficulty with auto-brightness caused by the particular lights in the room. I changed the brightness setting from auto to a set number and it solved the problem. All rooms that have this particular lighting system were causing issues with our Room Kit Minis and USBs. All were fixed by changing the brightness setting in the camera.

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

We have been trying to get this issue resolved and now, after upgrading the firmware and running CE13 it looks like some of the settings have changed/renamed and its not called refresh rate and its called "PowerLine Frequency".

Changing this setting from Auto to the frequency has made a difference however the closer you are it is possible to see some flicker. However, when we were running CE9.7 this did not seem to make much if any improvement. 

I am guessing this has been updated improved but not documented as I cannot find anything in CE13 release notes about any changes. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: