Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Mini USB extension using Icron Ranger 2211 usb over cat5 extender

JasonBlake43534
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

With the roomkit mini you can use the device as a pass thru camera if you connect the usbc port to a usb port on a computer.

With the usb lead max lenghths being approx 4/5 m. Do you know if its feasible to use a usb over cat 5 extender such as the icron ranger 2211 ?

thanks for any replies

3 Replies 3

Alexicon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also troubleshooting a deployment that utilizes Crestron USB-EXT-2 extenders.  The Crestron documentation stated some devices may not support USB hubs, which is how the extender kit appears to the devices https://www.crestron.com/getmedia/94308534-ef1d-43bd-b006-bbc7ffc06bff/mg_qs_usb-ext-2-local_usb-ext-2-remote

I wonder if there is a specific USB extension system known to work with Room Kit Mini?

This was resolved by switching the local and remote sides of the USB extenders

So I'm running into a similar issue. I am using a USB extender for this. My issue is when I unplug the USB cable from my laptop, the home screen of the USB Room Kit still shows as if it's plugged in. Has anyone else had this issue? If not, which USB extender worked for you?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: