Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Network Troubleshooting

TIM MUNN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

We've have a Room Kit that we moved from one vlan to another. After this move, the Room Kit seems to have lost connectivity. Tried a factory reset from the Touch10 in my efforts to get the device back to no avail.

It currently report 'Invalid network configuration. The device did not receive an IP address.' I don't appear to be getting a link light on the Room Kit. Jack is active so I'm wondering if there is any further insight I can get into the state of the Room Kit either via a console connection or some other way. Seems a little curious to have the nic fail at the same time as the vlan move.

I haven't setup a console connection to a Room Kit as they've worked pretty flawlessly up until now. Any pointers or clues anyone might have to help me resolve this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim Munn

4 Replies 4

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you are connecting a laptop on same network port where your spark room kit is connected are you getting IP?
If yes, please connect your laptop on touch 10 ethernet port and enable DHCP on your laptop and see if spark room kit is giving IP? If it is assigning ip to laptop try accessing the room kit with gateway IP and see if you are able to access it or not?
If you get the access you can probably assign some Static IP and can check whether you are able to ping or not.

Also you can perform a hard factory reset pin hole to see if it helps in restoring the unit.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

I tried connecting the touch 10 ethernet cable to my laptop, although the ethernet shows connected,  I am not getting my gateway pinged, also there is a change in the link status when it is connected to touch 10 it shows yellow although when the same is connected to laptop port it shows green and connected.

@Anurag Srivastava wrote:

Hello,

If you are connecting a laptop on same network port where your spark room kit is connected are you getting IP?
If yes, please connect your laptop on touch 10 ethernet port and enable DHCP on your laptop and see if spark room kit is giving IP? If it is assigning ip to laptop try accessing the room kit with gateway IP and see if you are able to access it or not?
If you get the access you can probably assign some Static IP and can check whether you are able to ping or not.

Also you can perform a hard factory reset pin hole to see if it helps in restoring the unit.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the VLAN Voice settings on the endpoint - if your LAN is specifying a voice VLAN via CDP, then the endpoint can detect this and put itself in that, which may or may not be what you want.

See the Admin Guide:

Network [1..1] VLAN Voice Mode

Define the VLAN voice mode. The VLAN Voice Mode will be set to Auto automatically if you have Cisco UCM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager) as provisioning infrastructure. Note that Auto mode will NOT work if the NetworkServices CDP Mode setting is Off.

Requires user role: ADMIN, USER

Default value: Auto

Value space: Auto/Manual/Off

Auto: The Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), if available, assigns an id to the voice VLAN. If CDP is not available, VLAN is not enabled.

Manual: The VLAN ID is set manually using the Network VLAN Voice VlanId setting. If CDP is available, the manually set value will be overruled by the value assigned by CDP.

Off: VLAN is not enabled.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1
Do you have NAC* implemented on your Network? *Network Access Control (NAC) is an approach to computer security that attempts to unify endpoint security technology (such as antivirus, host intrusion prevention, and vulnerability assessment), user or system authentication and network security enforcement.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: