Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Room Kit No Audio over HDMI

Hi,

Just confirgured our Room kit but I cant seem to get Audio to run through our HDMI. Works fine through the built-in Room kit speakers.

Tried most of the Audio settings but to no avail. Any specific setting that I might be missing?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Re: Room Kit No Audio over HDMI

The basic RoomKit device is designed to be used as the sound bar and have the room audio come out of itself.

There isn't any configurtation for the audio to go out of the HDMI output (to the screen), but it is able to be send audio to the Line out which you could then combine with a HDMI audio embedder to send it over the HDMI.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Highlighted
Rising star

Re: Room Kit No Audio over HDMI

Wayne is correct - there is only one audio out on a Room Kit, it's a line out mini jack - see the datasheet: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/spark-room-kit-series/datasheet-c78-738729.html

I'm curious - the typical use case for a Room Kit is in a small to medium sized room connected to one or two monitors. Its amp/speakers are far superior to any monitor audio I've ever heard - so in that use case you would just use the RK itself for audio. What is your setup?

CreatePlease to create content