Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Plus - Ethernet connections

ryanO24
Level 1
Level 1

hi 

on the Room Kit Plus, are the ethernet connections (LAN, Camera Control, Touch 10) all linked, as in same subnet and non blocking switch inside codec? 

Need to have the quad camera and a P60 connected so will use a switch for the extra ports needed, but client would like more than one location for the Touch 10 to be located, so would like to use the same switch as the camera control for extra (POE) Touch10. 

This cant be on client LAN and needs to be direct connection to codec but via a switch. 

Have seen examples showing this for extra camera control, but wondering if i can use the same switch for Touch10 direct pairing. 

thank 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LAN port is not connected to the other two, that is to connect to your LAN. Traffic does not route between the LAN port and the other two.

The camera port and Touch 10 port are essentially the same except for one thing: the Touch port has POE to power the device. You can connect your second Touch to one of your LAN/network POE port, but when pairing over the network you have to provide credentials. My recommendation would be to use a small POE switch, in that case I'm quite sure you can connect your extra camera and Touch/Navigator to it and they'll pair automatically no problem. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Network Ethernet and Camera Control Ports have separate functions. I don't think Camera Control port ever gets any IP Address and can be a part of LAN. 

As per my knowledge and as per installation guide, at a time you can connect either Quad Camera or Precision 60 to Room Kit Plus. You can not connect both to Room Kit Plus. It has only one Camera Input HDMI Port. 

If you need both Cameras then you need to upgrade to Room Kit Pro. Please check installation guide for both devices below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/room-kit/installation-guide/cisco-spark-room-kit-plus-installation-guide-en-fr-es-pt-it-de.pdf 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/room-kit/installation-guide/room-kit-pro-installation-guide-en-fr-es-pt-it-de.pdf 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce91/codec-plus-administrator-guide-ce91.pdf

See page 39, can definitely have P60 and Quad camera on Codec Plus.

But it’s the control side of camera control is via switch to provide extra ports needed, but to know if Touch10 can be on that same switch and will the local pairing still work as would be via the camera control Ethernet….

Thanks

You are right. The administrator guide has more details. 

Please check page 47 in same document. It has details about how you can connect Touch 10 to same switch using Network Ethernet port. In the past, I have used Touch 10 over LAN but with other video endpoint.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I have have done touch 10 integration by connecting to a switch, but the touch and CS kit was in same vlan .To pair it  i have  to provide the credentials, that's what i remember  .

If the switch you configured to connect the camera control , and CS kit are in same valn  connect your Touch and see if its  able to find the CSKIT. i hope it should work, but this can only be confirmed by a POC.  Because camera control Using a switch in between  is not a common scenario. For  two cameras i normally suggest to go with CS kit pro.

Response Signature

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LAN port is not connected to the other two, that is to connect to your LAN. Traffic does not route between the LAN port and the other two.

The camera port and Touch 10 port are essentially the same except for one thing: the Touch port has POE to power the device. You can connect your second Touch to one of your LAN/network POE port, but when pairing over the network you have to provide credentials. My recommendation would be to use a small POE switch, in that case I'm quite sure you can connect your extra camera and Touch/Navigator to it and they'll pair automatically no problem. 

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: