Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Plus integration with third-party controller

rohit.babbar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We just install Room kit Plus and we want to connect Room kit plus with Kramer Sl 240C controller by using micro USB to serial adapter, we already did all require changes Room Kit plus but still it's not dedicating this adapter, We test that adapter with another device and its working fine,

Can you please guide us to resolve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The USB-Serial adaptor will plug in to the standard USB-A slot on the back of the RoomKit Plus.

That leaves the Micro-USB socket available for troubleshooting from a PC/Laptop.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Take a look at page 12 of this doc for the default settings, and also make sure the codec is configured not to require a login on the serial port. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce90/room-kit-api-reference-guide-ce90.pdf

If you match the defaults and it still doesn't work, go into the codec and verify none of the settings have been changed. 

Hi,

Thanks for your replay, can you please guide is there in any specific make or model of USB to RS 232 adapter for room kit plus.  

The CE9 Release Notes say:

USB to Serial port support for Cisco Webex Room Kit, Room Kit Plus and Room 55

For third party integrations, you can connect a USB (Type A) to serial (D-sub 9) adapter to support, for example a Crestron panel. Most USB to serial should work but Cisco recommends the UC232R-10 USB to RS232 (FTDI) adapter for the most tested and stable serial connection.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

When using the UC232R-10 adapter do I still use the micro USB port (requires another adapter) or use the USB-A port on the Cisco side?

Thanks,

Richard

The USB-Serial adaptor will plug in to the standard USB-A slot on the back of the RoomKit Plus.

That leaves the Micro-USB socket available for troubleshooting from a PC/Laptop.

Wayne

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful to me.

Thanks!

sjpope40
Level 1
Level 1

I know this topic is three years old but this actually works out pretty well for my question - has this setup been stable for you? I have seen some instances of using the SX20 with third-party control and we lose connectivity regularly from our third party control system to the SX20. It has been a major issue for us with the SX20s.