Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Plus P60 can't connect to 2nd camera

Oanhtranba01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a Room Kit Plus P60 with 2 P60 cameras. 1st camera is working well but 2nd camera is not. I connect 2nd camera to codec by 15m HDMI cable.

I converted from PC to camera on Web Administrator. So it still has problem.

I dont understand what happned. Maybe the length of HDMI Cable or anything else ?

Help me about that.

2 Replies 2

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

15 meters is too long for HDMI cables. We have a policy that when it comes to HDMI 10 meter is max, othervise transmitter/reciver or other solution. If over 4 meters dubble shielded better cables should be used. (This is of cource dependant on enviroment how mutch disturbance the cables can handle)

If the signal is 4k the lengths reduce further. 

Have you tryed with a short cable to the not working camera?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @tomas_vll mentioned, the 15m of HDMI is likely to be your issue, unless it's some extremely high quality cable, or an actively boosted cable, it's way too long.

But, even if you get that to work, what is it that you're saying isn't working?  The KitPlus doesn't see the camera at all?  The image from the camera doesn't appear (have you configured the endpoint so it does)?  Just saying it's not working isn't very descriptive of what is happening.  Can you provide more details?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: