Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Plus Web Interface

chris.king
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys and girls,

I've just powered on my Room Kit Plus (I turned it off for a few weeks but it was working fine before) and the message popped up that it cannot connect to some cloud services. The device is configured in the Cisco Webex Control Hub (not on-prem.) and can usually be configured by opening the web interface from the cloud service. Now the device is showing up offline in the Control Hub and cannot be configured as it is offline. I have tried to logon directly by entering the ip address diectly into my browser but it won't accept my cloud credentials. So my question is:

How do I access the Web Interface of the device that it directly reachable by ip but is not online in the Cisco Webex Portal Hub?

This is a vicious circle :-)

Thanks for any help,

Chris

7 Replies 7

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1

Factory Reset the codec and re-register it to the cloud; then this time create a local user via the cloud portal so as not to run into this issue again :)

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

Everything that @JFerello said... and create a DHCP reservation for the device as well if you haven't done so, so it stays on a consistent IP address as this will help too.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks fort he help - I am using a static IP address.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the help!

Should I delete the device in the cloud portal first and install it like a new device?

Cheers,

Chris

No, you should be able to generate a new device registration key by clicking on the device. Then factory reset the codec and use this new registration key.
Thanks,
Justin Ferello

Thanks Justin.

When accessing the device through the Webex Control Hub, my Options are really limited. I can only view the device Settings (limited) or I can delete the device. I think that I will delete it and generate a new activation key and device completly.

I'll post the results in here tomorrow.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi There,

I deleted the device from the Cisco Webex Control Hub, did a factory reset locally and reactivated the device.

Now everything works fine.

Cheers,

Chris