cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Pro : how to easily switch from Presenter Track camera to third party audience camera using mic input

Sydd
Level 1
Level 1

Room Kit Pro : how to easily switch from Presenter Track camera to third party audience camera using mic input

Hi folks,

We are deploying several Room Kit Pro in our university. One of these Room Kit Pro will be in use in a large lecture hall.
The setup should be as following :
- Room Kit Pro (of course)
- P60 camera for the lecturer
- two third party cameras for the audience (each camera will be dedicated to a half of the lecture hall)
- third parties mic connected to the codec via XLR/euroblock adaptator (we'll be using gooseneck mic or collar mic for the lecturer for example and two HF mic for the audience).

We would like that when someone in the audience speaks in one the two HF mic then the image from third party camera corresponding to this mic is send to the far end.

For doing this, I'm using this configuration for example :
Setup -> Configuration -> Audio -> Input -> Microphone 1 -> VideoInputSource = 1

(or xconfiguration Audio Input Microphone 1 VideoAssociation VideoInputSource: 1)

and so on for each pair of mic and camera.

I'm doing some tests with the following hardware :
- Room Kit Pro
- P60 camera for the presenter (presenter track is enabled) on input 1, paired with the Cisco table mic
- a third party camera on input 2, paired with a Shure SM 58 (did some tests with a collar mic too).

Nothing is working as expected, and the room kit does not do any switching.

I've already did this in November with a SX80 equipped with a QuadCam, a P60 and some third party mic : when someone in the audience was speaking in the HF mic, the SX80 sent both QuadCam and P60 images to the far end in the same video flow (a larger image in fact).
I want to reproduce the same behaviour with the setup exposed above.

What am I doing wrong ?

Sincerely,
Valéry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You are talking about the Briefing Room Mode on the SX80. Go to Setup -> Room Types and select Briefing. However you need a quad cam or speaker track 60 for this to work. You cannot use this feature with a P60 and two third party cameras.

It may be possible to put something together with a macro using the audio levels on the microphone inputs together with the compositing feature but that sounds like a fair amount of work and I have not tested this. Briefing room is designed to detect when the speaker track is tracking a speaker and compose the two images (speaker and presenter) together.

But this particular setup requires a "speaker tracking unit" which it seems like you do not have?

/Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sydd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Did I ask a question that has no answer ? ;)

Regards,
Valéry

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You are talking about the Briefing Room Mode on the SX80. Go to Setup -> Room Types and select Briefing. However you need a quad cam or speaker track 60 for this to work. You cannot use this feature with a P60 and two third party cameras.

It may be possible to put something together with a macro using the audio levels on the microphone inputs together with the compositing feature but that sounds like a fair amount of work and I have not tested this. Briefing room is designed to detect when the speaker track is tracking a speaker and compose the two images (speaker and presenter) together.

But this particular setup requires a "speaker tracking unit" which it seems like you do not have?

/Magnus

Hi,

Thank you Magnus for your reply, it is very clear.I understand why it worked in November with Quadcam and P60.

Anyway that's not good news. I fear that the Quadcam angle view is not enough opened. I'll have a test.

In the worst case, we should be able to add a third party camera :

- Quadcam for half the lecture hall (with tracking) ;

- Third party camera for the other half (no tracking ;) );

- P60 for the lecturer (with tracking).

Do you confirm it will work with the classroom setup ?

Regardsd,
Valéry

Hello guys, 

I have a wide room with the following setup

1- codec pro.

2- quad camera in the middle of the room covering the fist half of the hall.

3- Two P60 cams on right and left of the second half of the hall 

I tried for testing to use two mics with videoinputsource association to 2 camera ( Quad and one of the P60) 

But the codec is not switching between video streams. 

If i understNd correctly what should happen is that: 

When someone close to mic 1 associated with p60 camera, the feed from the p60 should be shown on the screen and when someone close to mic2 associated with quad the stream from the quad should be shown

Can someone correct me or help me out here please