Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Registration as MRA - On Premises Setup

sysadmin5
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have on premises collaboration architecture which includes - CUCM, IMP, Expressway C & E and CMS servers.

At present I have 11 Room kits which are registered locally to CUCM as video endpoints, also I have jabber desktop MRA users.

I have been asked to install new additional room kits and DX80s to remote location where I don't have network connectivity to my collab servers. Only internet is available & I want to register the Room kits as MRA. How to achieve this ? I am unable to find any documents on this topic.If anyone has done it please share the procedure and experience.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

If you are using public CA certs on Expressway-E and your jabber MRA is working fine,
then you just need put the root CA certs (including intermediated CA certs as well if any ) on endpoints and provision through expressway by putting expressway-E FQDN and username and password that you set on end user page.
And yes you need to assign the user to device phone page as well as associated the device on end user page as well.

Please refer the below link the configuration will be same in case of DX/room kits as well-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/118696-config-cucm-00.html

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I believe the DX80 and Room kit should register in the same manner over MRA. The CA cert must of course be trusted by the device.

1 - register them to CUCM while on prem using the CAPF certificate
2 - In the Web Adm in, Setup > Configuration > Provisioning set the following:
LoginName: <UserID>
Mode: Edge
Password: <Password>
Domain: <domain.com>
Protocol: HTTPS

Thank you Mike for the reply.

So If I understand correctly, I will be doing following :

1. I need to register locally to CUCM.

2. Then take the device to remote location and do mentioned web admin settings.

User ID and password are the ones which is configured on End User Configuration webpage, Right ?

But if I do this I need a license to allocate device with user ?

I have ordered TP room license with Room kit, it will suffice my requirement ?

Please let me know.

Hello,

If you are using public CA certs on Expressway-E and your jabber MRA is working fine,
then you just need put the root CA certs (including intermediated CA certs as well if any ) on endpoints and provision through expressway by putting expressway-E FQDN and username and password that you set on end user page.
And yes you need to assign the user to device phone page as well as associated the device on end user page as well.

Please refer the below link the configuration will be same in case of DX/room kits as well-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/118696-config-cucm-00.html

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thanks all for help.

Devices got registered successfully & I didn't need to put any certs in the devices.

My Public CA was trusted by devices firmware natively.

Officially supported (page 18): https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X12-5.pdf

One word of caution about CAPF enrollment: there is no way for the codec to enroll or renew its LSC while connected over MRA. This is not required for MRA, only if you want end-to-end encryption on the call or ActiveControl (iX media) to Webex. If you don’t need an LSC you do not need to register it on-premises first.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: