cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTP Event Cisco NSE: Shift to modem relay EX60

John Faltys
Level 1
Level 1

Connecting from an EX60 that is registered to a VCS Control, is experiencing 1 way video.  From the far end to the EX60.

This endpoint has been working and is on the same subnet as a EX90 that is configured the same way and working fine.

I did a packet capture on the EX60 and during H.245 setup, there is a RTP Event that shows up.

I did some research on it, but have no idea as to why it is showing up during call setup for this endpoint.

See line 323 below.  Can anyone explain why this event would show up?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2012-06-26 at 10.19.09 AM.png

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John!

It lacks a bit more info, like the type of the remote endpoint, the path towards the remote endpoint, ....

Are you sure there is no firewall, nat, alg (application layer gateway), nat helper or anything else

in the path in between endpoint1 > vcs  > ??? > endpoint2?

Any codec tweaks on the endpoints?

I did not test it but can be multiple reasons I could picture why you see such messages,

* there is something wrong in the initial signaling

* something changed the signaling (alg, ...)

* its the wanted behavior and wireshark/we are just interpreting it in not ideal way

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Makes sense.

Sorry, I should have provided more detail in my initial posting.  After doing the wireshark, I factory reset the EX60 and then configured it with the same IP address as the working EX90, connected it using the ethernet cable from the EX90 ensuring that the same switchport, etc. was being used.

The EX60 continued to experience the same problem.

So Friday we started the RMA process, as it seems to be something wonky in the codec.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sure if there is something fishey with the endpoint that can also be the case, but I would say I had

seen >99% network issues and <1% hw faults in such scenarios.

Please let us know if the RMA fixed the issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify