Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same protocol calls causing interworking

I have 40 endpoints all registered as SIP and H323 to the VCS. When a unit dial a SIP ID, it will not find the SIP registration and find a h323 registration thus causing a interwork, which results in double the bandwidth as it goes out to get a traversal license.

How to fix this ? Why cant the SIP registrations be found when the are present.

On the same note....How can I keep from Movi calling C series codecs from interworking?  If I dial a C series codec with its SIP ID, shouldn't it connect SIP to SIP no interworking? VCS search rules need to be modified?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Calls should keep to their native VoIP protocol where possible.

It may be better to raise a TAC case to look at this. The search history and search rules will need investigating. Possibly any trasforms as well.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have any alias transform on VCS especially configuration that simply removed domain?

Native protocol call should handle as non-traversal call unless IPv4/IPv6 gateway call or enable media encryption policy (and few other scenarios).

Would be interesting to review search rules and alias transform configuration on your VCS to identify why call fall back to H.323/SIP interworking call when making a SIP-SIP call.

I have no transforms in place.

Can you shed more light on media encryption policies or the other scenario that can cause this....also is there a search pattern log or any log info I can post to help you see what is causing this as my end goal is to keep at its minimum and only allow it when true SIP to H323 calls are made.

I want all Movi users to dial by SIP when calling C Series but still keep h323 for cseries to cseries or MCU conference

Insight will greatly be appreciated

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

For media encryption policy, please check Page 6 - Page 11 of https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26316

Any parameter other than “Auto”, VCS will stay in media routing which call will handle as “traversal call”.

However this configuration should not force call to H.323/SIP interworking call.

I assume Movi client and C-series Endpoint registered on VCS with full SIP URL with same domain name (i.e., user.movi@customer.com, office.c90@customer.com).

Have you tried creating search rule for local zone with top priority just isolating the search rule configuration issue?

• Rule name: Native local call
  • Priority: 1
  • Protocol: Any
  • Source: Any
  • Request must be authenticated: No
  • Mode: Any alias
  • On successful match: Continue
  • Target: LocalZone

* Assume both Movi clients and C90 SIP UAs are registered on local zone.

• State: Enabled

What would this rule do ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

This will isolate search rule configuration issue (avoid any other search rule that may remove or modify calling URL).

Lyn Dickerson
Level 1
Level 1

We noticed anything other than auto for media encryption enforces the B2BUA as a traversal. Are you getting an alarm about media encryption while selecting H.323?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Correct, anything other than auto for media encryption policy, VCS will handle the call through B2BUA, therefore call will treat as traversal call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: