Helpful
Replies

Scheduling a recorded conference on TMS

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Friends,

I need your help!

We got a environment with Cisco TMS, VCS, MCU 4515 and VCR. Everything is working fine, all the server are registered to TMS and we are able to schedule conference normally.

There's just one detail, when we go to TMS web page to create a new conference, we don't see the option to check "Recording" to this conference, the option doesn't appear. According to TMS Help page, this option "Recording" only should appears if the TMS has a "Record Device" registered to it. We have a record device available in TMS, which is VCR, as a matter of fact, it appears on TMS Portal as a "Recording and streaming devices", so I think that the "Recording" option should appear when a new conference is being scheduled.

This option Should appear when we have VCR or is it only available when we have Tandberg Content Server as record device?

I looked for documentation, but I have found nothing.

Tks,

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paulo

If you want to get the recording numbers in the dropdown menu I am sorry but it is not possible for the IPVCR. This only works for the Content Server (TCS).

/Magnus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paulo

With the content server this definately work and you can select a recording alias from the drop down list in the booking interface. For the VCR I don´t think this is possible as far as I can remember. The way I recommended customers to do it is to create a dummy "room" which contains the dial information to the VCR in TMS and then add this room as a participant in the conference.

Have you looked in the online help in TMS (the question mark next to the scheduler symbol in the TMS web gui) it might say if the recording option for the drop down list is only supported for the content server. I would have checked this to be sure but I don´t have a TMS server here now.

I can give you a better answer tomorrow.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thank you for your reply.

I was searching something in the TMS Help pages, but I don't find anything about which record server is supposed to work with TMS. See:

It's not clearly specified which record server is supported for that option.

I have also checked the documentation at Cisco for TMS and VCR and there's nothing about this matter.

I hope you can help me, because if it's not supported, I need to justify it for my client, but I cannot do so without questioning Cisco about it.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

isaaclee1
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a Codian IPVCR you are out of luck I am afraid.

I use a phone book entry, but adding the IPVCR as a room works too.

What I do is record the conferences to the IPVCR, use the NFS feature to get the *.codian files onto a server.

Then a script converts the files using the Codian converter utility into an mpg file, the mpg is then put in a publically accessable path and the link is emailed to the conference organiser.

(I zip the file too so that the link will get the user to download the file rather than stream it).

That's how I get around it, anyway. Don't know if that helps.

Hi Isaac,

Thank you for helping. I usually do the same thing you suggested, but in this case, I have a client who want to use the "Recording" option in the "conference creation page" instead using templates or phonebooks.

Everything I need is to know if it's possible, if I can have the "Recording" option available when VCR is being used as Record Device, if it's not possible, I am going to explain it for my client, but I need a oficial answer from Cisco in order to give a answer for client. I am searching into documentation until now, but I found nothing about this matter.

Can anybody here help me? Especial somebody from Cisco.

Thank You!

Paulo Souza

Hi Paulo

If you want to get the recording numbers in the dropdown menu I am sorry but it is not possible for the IPVCR. This only works for the Content Server (TCS).

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Thank you very much for your help!

I am going to explain that situaton to my client.

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: