cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduling Support in Telepresence Conductor with TMS

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

Could see from release notes that, TMS now supports Scheduling with Conductor.

But, does it know when to stop the bookings after it has reached the resource limit on the Conductor Managed MCU's.

Got to know that, TMS currently lag this feature and it will even book 500 ports or more on just a 60 port MCU.

Any Idea on when this Feature of TMS will mature..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza wrote:

As far as I know, TMS is not able to overbook Conductor managed MCUs, because it knows the total number of MCU ports available in Conductor (only the total, the real availability is invisible to TMS)..

Hi,

No, TMS does not know the actual port count of the bridge pools behind a Conductor.

Unless the administrator specifies a port count in the Condcuctor's "Max Number of Concurrent Scheduled Calls" field in the System Navigator, TMS will assume unlimited bridge capacity.

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi friend,

Got to know that, TMS currently lag this feature and it will even book 500 ports or more on just a 60 port MCU.

Who told you about this limitation? I am asking it because I have read almost all TMS's documents and I have never found any information like that. I may be wrong, but as far as I know, there is not MCU ports limitation for scheduling.

Can you post some reference in TMS's documentation?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paul

It is documented no where and thats the reason i have put my query here.

To re-phrase my statement - TMS does not have the capability to track the Resources booked through Conductor.

Have you got this working anywhere...?

Hi friend,

I have got an environment with Conductor and TMS.

When you integrate TMS with Conductor, TMS treats Conductor as MCU. TMS does not schedule the MCUs directly in this case, it schedules Conductor (you select Conductor as MCU resource when scheduling), but TMS is aware about the total number of ports which Conductor has available, that is, the amount of MCU ports managed by Conductor.

When scheduling a new conference, TMS is not aware about the real availability of the MCU ports in Conductor (you could have, for example, Multiway-enabled endpoints using ports of the MCUs). TMS is only aware about the availability considering the booked conferences on its database. So, if you have, for example, a Conductor with the amount of 50 ports, TMS won't allow you to schedule a conference with 55 participants using Conductor, however TMS will allow you to schedule 50 participants even if there are another endpoints consuming a part of those ports.

The great advantage in using Conductor with TMS is, when the scheduled conference in TMS starts, Conductor will select the most available MCU to host the conference, and additionally, it can cascade MCUs if necessary. This is a nice option when you have MCUs used for scheduled conferences with TMS and for Adhoc conferences.

I don't know if I answered your question, because, in fact, I didn't understand your doubt very well.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paul.

I know the booking process with conductor and its advantage.

The only question here is , whether TMS is only booking what ever the conductor managed Mcu capable of.

Are you sure you Are not able to overbook conductor managed mcu's.

I got this information from Cisco BU....so, I even didnt try testing it...

Hi friend,

As far as I know, TMS is not able to overbook Conductor managed MCUs, because it knows the total number of MCU ports available in Conductor (only the total, the real availability is invisible to TMS).

But before give you a exact answer, let me make some tests. Give me some time and I can confirm that information.

I will be back soon with the results.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza wrote:

As far as I know, TMS is not able to overbook Conductor managed MCUs, because it knows the total number of MCU ports available in Conductor (only the total, the real availability is invisible to TMS)..

Hi,

No, TMS does not know the actual port count of the bridge pools behind a Conductor.

Unless the administrator specifies a port count in the Condcuctor's "Max Number of Concurrent Scheduled Calls" field in the System Navigator, TMS will assume unlimited bridge capacity.

-Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil...

I assume, i will be able to use scheduling without any issues, if i have TMS 14.2 and XC2.1...

Hope, this field "Max Number of Concurrent Scheduled Calls"  would be available in TMS 14.2.

Schedule conference call with TelePresence Conductor officially support with TelePresence Conductor XC1.2 and TMS 14.1.

Next major release TelePresence Conductor XC2.2 and TMS14.3 support schedule conference call, but not XC2.0 nor XC2.1.

Hi Kjetil,

Thank you for confirm! I really made confusion, TMS does not know the amount of ports available in Conductor, it is necessary to specify.

I have customer with TMS and Conductor. In their environment, TMS does not overbook the total capacity of Conductor, I tested it personally. But I totally forgot it had to be configured.

Thanks!

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: