Views
Helpful
Replies

Screenshots from Touch 8"

t.svatek
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

as there are still no translated User Guides available and we have to write them on our own, how can I catch a Screenshot from Touch 8" like Cisco does for orignal User guides?

This would also be very helpful for remote support. Anyway, best would be a remote control for the remote control

thanks

Tino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Which version of software are you using?

The above method outline will only works if you are using software prior to TC4.

From TC4 onwards, the SSH port of the touch has been closed and you are not able to use the method.

However, if you are using TC5.1 and above (if you are not, do an upgrade), then you can take the snapshot of the touch from the web interface.

Do the steps below once you are on TC5.1

a) Enable web snap shot on your codec, you need to enable this using the touch, or serial connection, or remote control via the OSD

b) Web in to the codec

c) log in as admin

d) add /translation (for example : http://ipaddressof yourcodec/wsgi/translation

e) goto the page where you want to take the snap shot of the touch, click the "take snap shot of the touch panel" button

f) right click and save the picture.

Please try it.

regards,

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

removed post

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

is there a default root password?

thank you

Tino

Tino,

By default the root account is disabled. You will need to enable the root account. You can enable the root account with blank password by running the command below :

systemtools rootsettings on

Hit Enter and the terminal connection would close. You can then login using root and you would not be prompted for password.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Do I understand right, that I have to enter this in admin mode via ssh? In that case, what´s the default admin password?

Yes, that's right..

Default admin password is TANDBERG.

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

ssh: connect to host xy port 22: Connection refused

I´ve also tried with telnet without success

systemtools rootsettings on won't set any password, so just press "Enter" when prompted.

But, for obvious security reasons, it's highly recommended to set a password when enabling the root account. Just type the desired password like this: systemtools rootsettings on YOUR_PASSWORD

Hi,

Which version of software are you using?

The above method outline will only works if you are using software prior to TC4.

From TC4 onwards, the SSH port of the touch has been closed and you are not able to use the method.

However, if you are using TC5.1 and above (if you are not, do an upgrade), then you can take the snapshot of the touch from the web interface.

Do the steps below once you are on TC5.1

a) Enable web snap shot on your codec, you need to enable this using the touch, or serial connection, or remote control via the OSD

b) Web in to the codec

c) log in as admin

d) add /translation (for example : http://ipaddressof yourcodec/wsgi/translation

e) goto the page where you want to take the snap shot of the touch, click the "take snap shot of the touch panel" button

f) right click and save the picture.

Please try it.

regards,

yes! it works great with TC5.1. Thanks everybody for great and fast help.

Hello everybody,

is it possible that this only works on ex-series? I tried it with our Profile 52" (C40) with TC 5.1.1 and 5.1.2. With both softwares it wasn't possible to set the websnapshots to allow via touch because the option doesn't appear in the settings. So I activated it via remote control. But now, when connecting via web to the codec, i could click the button "take new snapshot of touch panel" but then it says:

"New snapshot taken! You may need to refresh this page to see the new  snapshot as there is a slight delay between the touch panel and the  codec."

I tried to wait a bit and refresh the page but "No snapshots found"

I also did a factory reset, because i wasn't shure if there are some other settings which maybe affect it .

This only works, if the touch panel is directly connected to the endpoint.

Another question from my side:

is this also possible with TC6? The URIs have changed and I can't find the correct one.

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes it Does works on TC6.x.

http://ipaddressof yourcodec/web/translation

while working on a EX60 (specifically) use chrome or firefox

ie have some issues (bug)

rest all works fine.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Thanks, now i've got it!

Regards, Paul

I'm trying to do this same thing via a Profile 50 and the latest TC7.0.  I get no remote to view what I need to take a picture of ??   The Ex 60 shows a blue screen with no buttons to select.Cisco Touch 8.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: