Helpful
Replies

Search Rules and Transforms Configuration

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Community,

We have these infrastructure:

Internal video endpoints registered on CUCM as 9xxx@IP_CUCM format (ie. 9000@10.240.1.10). We will enable B2B calling via Expressways. CUCM and Expressway Core have active SIP trunk between them and domain routing was configured for the trunk. Traversal Zone is also configured and active between Expressway Core and Edge. DNS Zone also configured on Expressway Edge. SIP domain configured on Expressway Core is "internal.com". DNS records and SRV records are completed for Expressway E with FQDN "edge.external.com".

For B2B incoming call, how could the external endpoint reach the internal endpoint registered on CUCM with SIP address 9000@10.240.1.10?

How about outgoing?

I understand that this would be possible using proper Search Rules and Transforms on both Expressways. Please guide me on how to configure for search rules and transforms to be applied on the boxes based on the above diagram.

Appreciate for your help.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

External endpoints would call you via alias@domain, refer to the following guides to help setup B2B calling.

Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.7)

Expressway and CUCM via SIP Trunk Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10,11 and X8.7)

I've had the same trouble for the last day or so. Trying to configure using the guide but having no joy with my transforms and search rules. I can make outbound calls from CUCM registered endpoints, but external endpoints get stopped at the Expressway E. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my setup is similar to that above.