Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeking assistance with reconfiguring codec PLUS

joe.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

Introduction:

Good morning experts, Im new to this forum and hope I have navigated to the correct community for this question. I recently accepted a new role (during the pandemic) and the AV staff have all been furloughed for several months and I would welcome your insight regarding reconfiguring a Cisco codec Plus without the need to factory reset the device.

History/context:

Our facilities team relocated an existing conference room (furniture and AV technology) to a renovated conference room in another building on campus with a different LAN. The AV hardware largely included: (display, biamp , DMPS3 processor, table mics, crestron panel, touch 10 and a Cisco Plus codec)This new location included new flooring, lighting, and data jacks. Prior to the move I took note of existing IP address, subnet and gateway info. Once the move was completed, and the AV hardware was reconfigured, the room was enabled for local presentation only. Since then, the data jacks have been activated and we would like to get the VTC system back on the network. I have been in touch with the remote IT contractor who requested the new static IP they provided, be configured into the codec Plus.

Questions:

1. How do I connect my laptop USB port to the codec Plus...which port on the Plus?

2. Will this require a serial cable, crossover?

3. I assume once Im in the codec, I can navigate to the config page and input the updated IP, subnet, gateway, etc.

4. At this point I can hand it off to IT to bring the device online.

Note: I suspect I may need login credentials, of which I was able to locate but unable to verify at this point.

Thank you, I welcome your thoughts and suggestions. 

1 Reply 1

If you are connecting the codec to a DHCP enabled network port, codec will take new IP. Access the codec through the new IP and make required changes. This would be one way of reconfiguring.

Second If you know the old IP, you can connect the codec to your laptop directly through a lan cable. Configure a static ip for you lap from the same subnet. access your codec through gui make required changes.

you can refer the admin guide for more options.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: