cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending DTMF tones on CMS/TMS

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

When scheduling a call via TMS adding an audio template with DTMF tone entries the dtmf tones are never dialed. The Intercall conference bridge is dialed but you never hear the DTMF's being dialed so you have to manually enter the DTMF's from an endpoint on the call. I suspect that this might be a legacy Acano x-series limitation and maybe virtualizing the server may resolve but please confirm.

CMS (Acano x-series) 2.2

TMS 15.5

CUCM 11.5

SX-series endpoints

DTMF.jpg

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMS doesn't support participant templates.

Per the TMS 15.3 Release Notes:

The conference and participants templates support for CMS is in-line with TelePresence Conductor.  

With that said, Conductor doesn't supported conference and participant templates which means CMS doesn't either, refer the notes under "Booking and Editing Conferences with Cisco TelePresence Conductor" in the TMS 15.5 Admin Guide.

Note that the following scheduling options are not supported for TelePresence Conductor in Cisco TMS:

• Cisco TMS Conference templates
  • Participant templates

Also, it doesn't matter if you're running CMS on X-Series hardware from Acano or a VM on Cisco UCS/third-party hardware, it's the same software.

This probably won't help your issue, but I had some issues between CUCM 11.5 endpoints sending DTMF tones to CMS, it was solved by enabling Early Offer on the SIP profile of the CMS SIP trunk.  May not help, but worth a shot.

spazziani
Level 1
Level 1
Hi phifdd4305,

I have one doubt. I saw that you put in DTMF Zones commas.
What is the function of commas in the dtmf tones field?

Hello and thanks for the response. Commas equal a pause during the sending of DTMF's.