Views
Helpful
Replies

Server Certificate regeneration - Cisco Expressway C

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have one standalone expressway C & E where "Server certificate" going to be expired soon.It was created Using Microsoft Certification Authority.

Now i want to renew it. I followed "Cisco Expressway Certificate Creation and Use"guideline and found that we need to generate CSR file. Then that file is copied to local file system so that it can be sent to a certificate authority (Microsoft Certification Authority). At this moment, i am clueless.

Can someone guide me that how to renew it? Thanks a lot.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Generating a brand new certificate or regeneating a certificate are the same process, generate a CSR on the server, have it signed, then upload the signed cert.

the other option is you generate the CSR and key with something like openssl and then upload the signed cert and the key.

The document you're looking at is the right reference for this procedure.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply. As you said that "generate a CSR on the server, have it signed, then upload the signed cert."

Does it mean that I generate CSR and download it on local folder of Microsoft Certificate Server and then follow "Authorizing a Request and Generating a Certificate Using Microsoft Certification Authority" section?

Finally upload it on expressway C & E. And i dont require Private key in this process as private key will be in expressway. Kindly correct.

Thanks a lot.

Any suggestion please...

The process is the same as with any other CSR

https://youtu.be/SiCfhqlJyZI

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate