cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting the time in a C60 through the web interface

hoffmanbob
Level 1
Level 1

Everytime I try to set the time the the web interface I set it to GMT-5 and as soon as I leave the site it sets back to GMT- 12.  Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

Amlesh Sengar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob,

Please check if the codec is provisioned with TMS and it is pushing configs on the codec.

Thanks, but they are not running TMS.

Hi Bob,

Have you tried changing the ntp mode to manual, this is required in case there is no ntp addresses configured and you are using default tandberg ntp.

Reboot the unit  once you set the correct time and time zone and chaning mode to manual.

This has also been tried.

Hi Bob,

Please confirm the software version running on codec.

TC5.0.1.275220

NTP does not reflect the timezone at all, all servers worldwide just return the UTC

and your operating system then does the magic on mapping that time to your local time.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol)

This sounds either like a bug  (but I would assume that more people would have complained

about wrong ticking clocks :-)

Or something is changing your setting, like TMS, a set up external manager, some control system

(via ip, web/telnet/ssh, serial). Not sure if the endpoint supports it but there is even a definition

of setting the time zone via NTP

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4833.txt

At the web interface uses the api I would not beleve that it makes a difference, but try

ssh to it as admin and set and check the timezone from there.

with:

xConfiguration Time Zone

you can check the timezone the output shall be something like:

*c xConfiguration Time Zone: GMT-05:00 (Eastern Time (US & Canada))

** end

OK

An:

xConfiguration Time Zone: "GMT-05:00 (Eastern Time (US & Canada))"

you should be able to set your timezone.

One test could be, set the time and the timezone and disconnect the serial and network cables,

if it still shows the right hour you can be sure that something on the outside triggered it :-)

Looking into the logfiles might also be interesting.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify