cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up TMS 14.3 for ISDN/POTS

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

Our ISDN/Telco lines are brought in via MSE 8321. We have a dialing prefix configured so that we can use a 3 digit code to make calls. Problem is, I can't seem to make it work with booking in the TMS. Does anybody else have this sort of a configuration? We don't have call manager or I'd build a SIP trunk with a real telco system.   

Thanks ahead of time!       

1 Reply 1

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Douglas,

To schedule conferences in TMS including external ISDN participants, you have three options to dial out:

1. When scheduling, in the participant pop-up window, go to the "external" tab and set a dial out participant with the number "Prefix + ISDN Number". If your ISDN gateway is registered to VCS as H323, mark protocol H323.
  2. If your external ISDN participants are recurrent, you can add them as particpant template. Go to Booking > Participant Template and create a new one with "dial out" using the number "Prefix + ISDN Number". If your ISDN gateway is registered to VCS as H323, mark protocol H323.
  3. If your external ISDN participants are recurrent and you want to control their calendar, you can add them to TMS as "room". Go to system >> Navigator, click "add system", select the tab "Room/Equipment", create a new "room". In the E164 field, put the number "Prefix + ISDN Number". If your ISDN gateway is registered to VCS as H323, set only the H323 options.

I  am assuming that your ISDN gateway is registered to VCS and the call routing is properly configured to dial out ISDN endpoints. If you don't have this configured, please, post further information about your enviroment, including how your gateway is integrated with your video solution and how your endpoints call ISDN endpoints without scheduling.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".