cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing presentation from Jabber windows does not show up on CTS

Zawlatt123
Level 1
Level 1

Sharing presentation from Jabber windows does not show up on CTS endpoints. following is the call flow

CTS-->CUCM<TLS Trunk>VCS<--Jabber

if the trunk is reverted back to TCP, presentation works.

This happens only to Jabber. Other endpoint such as C and Ex series are fine.

anybody has any idea why???

2 Replies 2

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zlatt,

Strange issue you have there, I couldn’t find any related bugs.

Could you tell me a little more about the versions you are using on the different systems? Are you running Jabber Video for Telepresence? Which version? Is this a SIP (CTS) to SIP (Jabber) call, and it’s not interworking?

If you have the trunk profile set to “Cisco Unified Communications Manager” on the VCS, you could try to set the zone profile type to “Custom” and only enable the SIP UPDATE strip mode (change from “Off” to “On”). The CUCM profile also enables the SIP UDP/BFCP filter mode which could ignore presentation sharing (SIP) in some previous CUCM versions.

If that still doesn’t work on the TLS trunk, I would need more information to identify the problem. Logs from endpoints, Jabber, VCS and CUCM. I would recommend you to open a ticket with TAC to get to a quick resolution on this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Arne

eeroheikkila
Level 1
Level 1

I have also faced the issue with a customer. The TX series endpoints' content-sharing screens instantly change to green when content-sharing is initiated. This happens at a call rate of 500Kbit/s. The video from the Jabber client is shown normally on the TX9000 center screen.

Tried changing the call speed from Jabber Video from 500Kbit/s to 700Kbit/s and then Jabber Video is sending video at a resolution of 800x608 which obviously isn't native for a TX-series endpoint and the main video from Jabber Video is not shown on the ITP. After initiating a content-sharing session from the Jabber, the main video starts to use 352x288 as the resolution, the video is shown on the TX9000 center screen and content-sharing works OK.

Any ideas for a solution or a workaround?