cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Domain Pattern not working for CMS

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

In our environment only jabber is allowed. 

I did the configuration for SIP domain pattern.
IMP domain: test.com

xmpp domain: conf.test.com

sip domain pattern : conf.test.com

sip trunk destination: cms-dc-core.test.com

incoming call in CMS :
domain name: conf.test.com 

when i tried to make call from jabber user1@conf.test.com, the green button is not coming up.

Where im missing the configuration. 

there is no jabber-confix.xml file in cucm tftp.

number dialing working to spaces; ex: 88XXXX but not user@conf.test.com even user@test.com not working between jabber calls. but with numbers i can make call.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to enable SIP URI dialing within Jabber, this is done by creating a jabber-config.xml file and uploading it CUCM.

Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 12.0

Cisco Jabber Configurator 11.6

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to enable SIP URI dialing within Jabber, this is done by creating a jabber-config.xml file and uploading it CUCM.

Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 12.0

Cisco Jabber Configurator 11.6

but now the issue is that domain part of URI is changed to IP address of CUCM.

In SIP Profile, already checked use fully qualified Domain name in SIP Requests.

also when im using XMPP ID for dial its not working.

acano1@conf.test.com = XMPP ID
acano1.meet=URI user part

when im dialing acano1.meet@conf.test.com it joins with acano1 space but conf.test.com is changed to CUCM subscriber IP address.

but when i dial with XMPP ID, acano1@conf.test.com it immediately fails.

May I know where im missing here?

Make sure that "Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name" in CUCM Enterprise Parameters is configured with your SIP domain.

i did like this:
Organization Top Level Domain: test.com
Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name: conf.test.com

but still didnt work. it gives teh same result.

Whenever you dial the user's address in CMS (acano1@conf.test.com), the user must be signed into the CMA/WebRTC client in order to answer the call, as that is calling the user and not their space (acano1.meet@conf.test.com).
Regarding the domain appearing as the CUCM IP address, what happens if you make a call from one Jabber client to another within CUCM?

thank you patrick.
Im really confused about that. xmpp id we can only use when we are using CMA or webRTC. its working through webRTC. if you are using jabber then it should be using user URI part. ie acano1.meet@conf.test.com.

but in the display of jabber instead of showing acano1's space its showing acano1@<ip address of CUCM subscriber> ie acano1@172.17.58.12
why its sospace not display.PNG