cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP only Phonebooks

Michael McClain
Level 1
Level 1

The government agency I work for is migrating to a SIP only environment, slowly, but they are migrating. I have made a few of my test systems SIP only and expected to see only SIP addresses when I accessed my phone books. Sad to say, it did not happen the way I expected. I see the SIP URI as well as the IP address. From what I read in the TMS manual I should only see the SIP address, which is what my customer wants.

On my SIP only systems I have unchecked

Allow Incoming IP, Allow Incoming H.323, Allow Outgoing IP, and Allow Outgoing H.323

Route Phone Book Entries is set to YES and we are using the centralized TMS phone books only (corporate phone book)

What am I missing?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From your description, everything sounds correct.  It's how I have our endpoints setup, except I still have incoming and outgoing checked for IP and H323, and I only see SIP entries in the directory.

What happens if you set the default call protocol to be SIP on the endpoints?

I am doing two groups of systems first as a trial run. The first group are conference room systems from MXP's to MX800's and they appear in my phonebook as expected, SIP only address. The second group are personal systems from E20's to EX90's and they do not appear in my phonebook as expected, except for the E20's.

MXP's are at F9.3.3, C-series and E-series are at TC7.2.1, E20's are at TE4.1.5

Also, to confuse matters even further, I added three SX80's to TMS this morning and they do not appear in my phonebook as expected (SIP and IP), yet I have other SX80's that do (SIP). The only difference is the software release. Those at 7.3.2 do not appear correctly, those at 7.2.1 do.