cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP route pattern in CUCM for extension@ip address to connect with another company

akshaysaxena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need an urgent help from you guys. We need to connect with another company via TP whose endpoint SIP URI is extension@x.x.x.x(ip address).

We have CUCM, expressway C & E. all connected and working fine. We are able to dial via domains but not with IP address domain. I believe, CUCM is not routing calls through IP address and is blocking the SIP URI itself when try to dial 41920@103.249.224.71.

I have added Ip address routing to this ip and transform that ip into SIP URI in my expressway C. and we need to dial ip@x.x.x.x from an endpoint to connect to above SIP URI.

Just wanted to know is this the correct method or we can do some more manipulations in CUCM to dial the exact above SIP URI from end user perspective.

Thanks.

Akshay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM doesn’t support IP dialing, only SIP dialing using a domain, but you can use your Expressway-C as a workaround to make it possible though, see Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM doesn’t support IP dialing, only SIP dialing using a domain, but you can use your Expressway-C as a workaround to make it possible though, see Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example

Thanks Patrick, for your response.

However my secnario is different. I already checked the given provided by you prior to posting in this forum. I know CUCM don't allow IP address dialing. My workaround is working fine. 

I just want, is there any other way to do this solution working?

Thanks again for replying.

Regards

Akshay

The configuration example that Cisco has provided in the document is the only workaround.

Hi Patrick,

So is it not possible to dial extension@<ipa_ddress> ? For the documentation I understood tha we could dial <IP_ADDRESS>@ip in the exp-c we configure a transform to manipulate the for the format we would want.

Thanks.

Chandan_Thakur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey, here is a workaround to achieve this by using two route pattern,

Navigate to CUCM>>Call Routing>>SIP Route Pattern, add new pattern 

Chose IPAddress Routing with following IPv4 Pattern

1.0.0.0/1 point it to Expressway trunk   (1st route pattern)

128.0.0.0/1 point it to Expressway trunk (2nd Route pattern)

Hit like if it works for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: