Replies

SIP UDP timeout delay when dialling IP addresses

t.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am experiencing the SIP UDP timeout issue described here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3799280#3799280

I understand that this is part of the RFC for SIP and that the VCS will always try SIP UDP first, so I have experimented with disabling SIP UDP on both VCS-C and VCS-E...sure enough this fixes the delay and the call connects nearly instantly.

The problem is that disabling SIP UDP seems to break the ability to register Jabber clients either internally or externally. So Jabber is relying on SIP UDP somehow, but is there a way to change this?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Thomas,

disabling SIP UDP should not cause any problems with provisioning or registration of Jabber Video clients. From X7 an onwards, the VCS actually ships with SIP UDP defaulting to 'Off' which means that if this was a general problem, we should be seeing more occurences of this.

The best way to troubleshoot this would be to capture a diagnostics log (With Network log level set to DEBUG) from all VCS's involved while attempting to provision and register your Jabber Video account, as well as capturing similar logs from a working scenario (Where SIP UDP is enabled).

You probably want to open a TAC case for that since you shouldn't post these logs on the forum.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Thomas,

disabling SIP UDP should not cause any problems with provisioning or registration of Jabber Video clients. From X7 an onwards, the VCS actually ships with SIP UDP defaulting to 'Off' which means that if this was a general problem, we should be seeing more occurences of this.

The best way to troubleshoot this would be to capture a diagnostics log (With Network log level set to DEBUG) from all VCS's involved while attempting to provision and register your Jabber Video account, as well as capturing similar logs from a working scenario (Where SIP UDP is enabled).

You probably want to open a TAC case for that since you shouldn't post these logs on the forum.

- Andreas

Thanks Andreas - I can't explain it so I'll ask TAC!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: