Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Scheduler - need to approve conference in TMS

Phill Daniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trialling a selected user to book meetings via Smart Scheduler - the user is the only one actively making bookings via this method.

We are using TMS v 14.2.2 and when the customer books a multipoint conference - i have discovered it sits in the request queue in the Conference Control Center screen.

I then approve the meeting and the user then gets notification of meeting approval.

His user credentials are a basic user with the following permissions ticked in the Default System Permissions

Read

Book

Unticked are:

Edit Settings

Manage Calls

Set Permissions.

I only discovered this today - last week - when i wasnt aware of it - the conference failed to start at the designated time

The user has no issues with point to point meetings, but a multipoint (3 + bridge) the following appears 15 minutes before the start of the call.

BookingRequestNotHandled           Unhandled Conference request

Once i accepted the conference, it started and dialling immediately took place.

Rgds

Phill Daniel

Coles.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Phill,

If you click on the down arrow next to the group, and select Set Permissions to get to the full permissions screen, you may be able to find what you're looking for.

In the "Booking" section, there is a tick box for "Approve Meeting".  If you set this for your user's group, the conference should book fine without needing approval by anyone else.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Hi Phil.

The "Set permissions" was for the Group, not the user - Admin tools, User Admin, Groups.

On mine, I've set up a separate "Bookings" group to give these rights to the users that need them, but, if its good for your environment, you could do it to the "Users" group,

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Phill,

If you click on the down arrow next to the group, and select Set Permissions to get to the full permissions screen, you may be able to find what you're looking for.

In the "Booking" section, there is a tick box for "Approve Meeting".  If you set this for your user's group, the conference should book fine without needing approval by anyone else.

Wayne

--

Wayne
--

Hi Wayne,

Many thanks for giving me the information above, i have a further query - the first screenshot - whereabouts in TMS is that?.  When i go into Administrative Tools -> User Administration selecting any of the 4 options - that item doesnt appear.

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong area ?

Rgds

Phill.

Hi Phil.

The "Set permissions" was for the Group, not the user - Admin tools, User Admin, Groups.

On mine, I've set up a separate "Bookings" group to give these rights to the users that need them, but, if its good for your environment, you could do it to the "Users" group,

Wayne

--

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: