cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMP+ or PMP+ for OBTP Dual Home Meeting Scheduling?

Darren Lapierre
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, 

I am looking for abit of clarity SMP+/PMP+ licensing.

I have a customer that is going to be doing OBTP scheduled meetings for a couple TP boardrooms that they have, calling into Skype Meetings (leveraging CMS). 

My question is can a PMP license be used in this scheduling method? The AD user will be scheduling via outlook (TMSXE), and the AD user will be the owner of the conference in TMS. Is it possible to map the conference owner in CMS to that of the scheduled owner, consuming a PMP license? Or through the scheduling will an SMP be required?

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

PMP license will be used as long as the conference can be linked to a particular user in CMS who has an assigned PMP license, otherwise the conference will default to using a SMP license instead.  To get an idea on how PMP and SMP licenses are assigned, take a look at the Step by Step guide for Multiparty Licensing (PMP and SMP) on Cisco Meeting Server.

Thank for the note. I guess that is the test; I will need to build a scheduled conference in TMS and see if it is tied to my user or to another user (ie, the admin account that is used for the TMS API write to CMS).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: