Views
Helpful
Replies

Snap to Whiteboard feature in Room Kit

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Community,

I read in several documents that the feature "Snap to Whiteboard" is available on MX700, MX800, SX80, and Room Series.
During implementation of a fresh new Room Kit, upgraded to 9.3.1, I want to enable the Snap to Whiteboard feature as explained in the Administrator Guide, to enhance the "tracking" capability of the device. It's the first time I want to use it on a Room Kit.

Problem: I find the parameter "whiteboard mode on" in the web GUI, but activating this or not, doesn't trigger the config wizard to setup this feature. The admin guide of the Room Kit clearly mentions this possibility and how we could configure the detection zone, distance and so on. But changing the parameter to ON doesn't seem to activate it.

Did anybody succeed to activate and use this feature on a Room Kit?

Thank you for the feedbacks.

Yorick

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You mention that you're trying to do this via the web interface, but the Admin Guide states that you need to do the configuration via the Settings Menu on the Touch 10.

You also need to make sure that you have SpeakerTrack turned on for the Snap to Whiteboard extension to work.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

In the Touch10 menu, there is absolutely no mention of Whiteboard configuration. I did see this menu and wizard on a MX700 Dual, but here, on the Room Kit, it's not present, that's the problem.

There is the parameter in the Web GUI to enable the feature, but then it doesn't appear anywhere else on the Touch to configure and use it.

The SpeakerTrack mode is enabled already, and works fine.

That's why I'm looking for a field experience testifying that this feature is really present in the CE9.3.1 on the Room Kit.

Thank you.

No one ever tried this setup?

Thank you.

I have a RoomKitPlus with QuadCam being installed this week, so should be able to try it locally and let you know what I see.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, appreciated!

I was able to check this yesterday, and, yes, the feature is present.  

Once turning the option on in the web interface (or via the CLI), go to the room where the endpoint is located and use the touch panel.

In the menu on the Touch 10, there is an option to set up the Snap to Whiteboard function (it doesn't just fire up automatically when turned on, you need to manually tell it to do it).  Once you follow the instructions provided, the feature works as advertised.

You need to make sure you're running a software release where this functionality is included (ie CE9.2.1 or later).  I tested using CE9.4.0.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I followed the same procedure, except that once enabled in the config, the GUI on the Touch10 is not updated to setup the feature. I tested it with version 9.3.2. I'll upgrade to 9.4.0 and see if it changes.

Thank you for the feedback.

Yorick