Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp OID's Edge 95MXP

Maksim Petlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, all!

Which OID's does Cisco-Tandberg Edge 95MXP support?

And can this codec generate snmp-traps?

Thanks for any help.

2 Replies 2

ankusriv
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Maksim ,

I am from TAC and i wanted to post a reply for the service request attached to this Discussion

The OID that Tandberg supports is 1.3.6.1.4.1.5596. Every Tandberg endpoint can act as an SNMP agent and can generate traps. All you need to do is configure a host in 

Control Panel >Network >LAN Settings >SNMP SETTINGS

HOST Identifies the IP-address of the SNMP Manager.The system's SNMP Agent (in the codec) responds to requests from SNMP Managers (a PC program etc.). SNMP Traps are generated by the SNMP Agent to inform the SNMP Manager about important events. 

The TANDBERG Enterprise MIB currently holds a lot of information about the status 
of the Codec. The information are divided into:  
· status 
· logging 
· services 
· system 

In addition the following enterprise traps are defind. 
· callModeChange 
· genericError 
· lowBattery 
· downSpeeding 
· startUpgrade 
· finishedUpgrade 
· dispbox 
· connect 
· encryption 
· gatekeeperRegFailure 
· gatekeeperRegSuccess

I am attaching a document to the post that explains the SNMP feautres of Tandberg endpoints http://www.tandberg.com/collateral/white_papers/whitepaper_SNMP-Technical_Manual.pdf

ankusriv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maksim,

Forgot to mention this document is a little dated and explains the details with B-series and E-series of software but its completely valid on current range of MXP systems running F-series of software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: