Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP trap list

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

does someone have a list of SNMP traps generated by Cisco-Tandberg C20, MCU 4500, VCS and TMS.

I saw that Cisco TTG products use MIB II (no proprietary mibs), but i couldnĀ“t found a list of posible SNMP traps that those systems can generate.

Any help?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't support any corporate MIBs on the C-series codecs. So there is no possibility to get information from SNMP regarding packet loss, calls etc. We only support the basic standard functionality in SNMP V2:

We only support these OID's (described in RFC1213):
(sysDescr, sysObjectID, sysUpTime, sysContact, sysName, sysLocation, sysServices)

No support for traps.

OK, thanks.

I saw that VCS donĀ“t send SNMP traps:

The VCS does not support SNMP traps or SNMP sets, therefore it cannot be managed via SNMP.

C-Series yes:

SNMP Traps are generated by the SNMP Agent to inform the SNMP Manager about

important events. Can be used to send event created messages to the SNMP agent about different

events like: system reboot, system dialling, system disconnecting, MCU call, packet loss etc. Traps

can be sent to multiple SNMP Trap Hosts.

MCU Yes:

Trap receiver addresses 1 to 4

Enter the IP address or hostname for up to four devices that will receive both the general and the authentication failure traps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_support_snmp_mibs_kb_67.shtml

So, i have a partial information.

If someone have the full list of generated traps on TTG systems would be very useful.

Thanks. Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: