Views
Helpful
Replies

Software requirement - Enable SparkRoom 70 on CUCM

chr.rachow
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

one of our customers would like to install a new SparkRoom 70.
I need to enable the device as it is not available on the CUCM. So I would like to use the following version:
https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286316402&softwareid=280886992&os=&release=CE9.2.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=!pp

Do I need the bundle or is the single file enough? I think to enable a device I need to install the bundle, right?

Currently CUCM is running in version 10.5.2.12901-1.
The current software version for all other telepresence endpoints is ce9.1.4.

As I can see in the CE9 release notes, there is no special CUCM version requierement, right?
Can anybody confirm that? I just want to be on the safe site. :)

Or do I need to use the following device pack to enable the SparkRoom 70?

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=285963825&softwareid=282074299&release=10.5(2.17139)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Thx a lot,
Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM Device Package Compatibility Matrix

You will need to install Device Package 10.5(2.17139), which adds support for the Spark Room 70 in CUCM.  The device pack doesn't include CE software for the Spark Room 70. so it will need to be downloaded separately.  Software bundles are good if you have a multiple endpoints, you can install the single software bundle and it will install the software for all the endpoints contained in the bundle, instead of installing each individual software one at a time. If you only have the single Spark Room 70, than the single software package is fine.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM Device Package Compatibility Matrix

You will need to install Device Package 10.5(2.17139), which adds support for the Spark Room 70 in CUCM.  The device pack doesn't include CE software for the Spark Room 70. so it will need to be downloaded separately.  Software bundles are good if you have a multiple endpoints, you can install the single software bundle and it will install the software for all the endpoints contained in the bundle, instead of installing each individual software one at a time. If you only have the single Spark Room 70, than the single software package is fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: