cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Upgrade for MX200 G2 and MX300 G2

Sulcor
Level 1
Level 1

We are having issues with our MX200 G2 and MX300 G2 endpoints experiencing blurriness on the camera. We found the field notice to upgrade our software for the units to CE9.2.4 or further.

My issue is that I look after 4 devices, whereas there are more company wide that don't fall under my umbrella and there is some hesitance to upgrade the software in CUCM to all devices.

If I upgrade the software on the endpoint through the web interface, will the default software from CUCM override the software I just installed on the endpoint?

EDIT: I couldn't find any documentation to help me with this topic.

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

As far as I recall, YES, if you have a device defaults in your CUCM that states an older version and you upgrade your device through the Web itself, after a period of time (or a restart) it will revert back to its defaults.

But there are 2 options:

1. You can remove the device defaults in CUCM for those devices.
  2. You can configure in CUCM only for those 2 devices the "Phone Load Name" field to be the newer version or just some random string (I think it should work) because it'll try to look the version files in the TFTP and it will find it, therefore it won't upgrade/downgrade it. (You can upload the newer firmware also to the CUCM TFTP, but not changing device defaults to newer version)

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, unless you change the CUCM settings, the CUCM will "upgrade" the endpoints back to the older version it is set to push.

Note: You will still have camera focus issues with your MX units running CE9.2.4 - there were still issues in that, and later versions.  There are more fixes (see BugID CSCvp01762) up to and including software release CE9.8.0.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.