cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Board Question?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed the Spark Board has a web server built into it and I wanted to poke around a bit but the standard UN: admin and Password: Blank doesn't work as the default.  I was wondering if the unit is currently accessible via its web browser? or if it has a Special UN & PW.  Thanks for your time. DK

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Once the endpoint is registered on Spark, you cannot access the web interface using an admin login.  Only the Spark Admin portal gives access to a very limited subset of settings.  This can be a bit frustrating but this is by design, to make things simpler.

My endpoint is registered on spark & i want to disable proximity on my spark board.

Is it possible to change such settings from spark admin portal or any other ways to customize such settings ?

I don't think it's possible to disable Proximity on Spark registered endpoints, however it appears the workaround is to disable it in the Proximity/Spark application itself: Stop Automatically Connecting to a Cisco Spark Room Device.

Hi All,

I have a questions about Spark Board.

1. If Spark Board get offline with the cloud or internet, it can be share the content via hdmi input ?

2. What happen if Spark Board OS error, it can be Sparkboard act like Monitor only ?

thanks for the response

rgds,

Charis

1. If Spark Board get offline with the cloud or internet, it can be share the content via hdmi input ?

If the Spark Board is off-line, then it won't be able to share the content with other participants as it won't be on-line to do so, however it will still be able to display a device connected locally via HDMI on the screen.

2. What happen if Spark Board OS error, it can be Sparkboard act like Monitor only ?

If the Board's OS dies in that manner, then there will be no way for it to be switched to display the content on the screen, so, no, it will not act like a standard computer monitor. In this case, you will need to either fix the software via the available mechanisms, or, it's more likely that there is a hardware failure requiring the board is RMA'd.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: