cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark room kit plus - differences between zoom distance (automatic and manual zoom)

dani-m
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, We recently installed spark room kit plus,the end user is complaining that there is a difference between a manual zoom and the automatic tracking zoom,to his say - manual zoom is wider and in an auto track mode the zoom is muce "deeper"(in manual mode it captures a muce wide frame)

Is this normal?

thanks for your help!

Daniel

3 Replies 3

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think its normal.
Codec plus uses the best overview feature and uses digital face detection to automatically create the best view of a single
person or a group of people in the conference room. If people are moving around in the room or
additional participants enters the conference room, the feature will adopt to the changes and
automatically adjust the view to include all persons in the picture. This feature works together with
speaker tracking to provide the best possible conferencing experience.

Also you can setup the view using Cisco Spark Quad Camera - First Time Wizard.

Please let me know if it is helpful.

Thanks.

Hi, Thank you for your reply!

Its a bit strange that it design to work that way - in a manual zoom he do not get the same "deep" zoom as in auto track...it should be the opposite,don't you think? in an auto track mode it should leave a bigger frame area for moving around and "chasing" the main person who speaks...

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Quad camera is using new version of speaker tracking which includes people count and best overview.
So as I mentioned it will change the frame view If people are moving around in the room or
additional participants enters the conference room, the feature will adopt to the changes and automatically adjust the view to include all persons in the picture frame.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: