cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spark Room Kit Plus Wall Bracket for the Quad Camera Size

Han Sung Kang
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know the full size of the Spark Room Kit Plus Wall Bracket for the Quad Camera.

And if you have any CAD Drawings, I would appreciate it.

Room Kit1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Han,

I did this unscientific measurement to get the majority of the measurements (with my measuring tape) I felt were pertinent based on previous issues with the mount myself. I didn't measure the thickness of the mount as i didn't have my micrometer at work--and didn't think it was super relevant in figuring out a mount. The Red rectangle is the block of area that cables have to stick downwards--i.e. where a traditional camera mount wouldn't work because the cables would be sticking down into it. I was more concerned with finding a proper camera mount that might attach to the two "leg's" on the L mount without impeding the cabling going downwards.

Anecdotally not one person I've shown this to thinks the mount makes sense. There are only 2 holes in the mount meaning your studs have to be perfectly centered to your table for this to work otherwise you have to furr out the wall with backing. The locking tabs are a joke and should be a recall not a request for a B stock camera from TAC.

Basically the only luck I've had easily mounting these stupid camera mounts are on NEC E series monitors (705/805) that have large bezels that you can have this sit on top of towards the back.

mwm

dimensions.jpg

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, Cisco doesn't have any CAD drawings that include the Quad Camera mount, but maybe someone from the community can provide the measurements, or you can contact you Cisco sales team or TAC and see if they can find out.

Terrible that you do not have 'critical' CAD information for your brackets for all our drawings we need to provide 

matt mcfetridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Han,

I did this unscientific measurement to get the majority of the measurements (with my measuring tape) I felt were pertinent based on previous issues with the mount myself. I didn't measure the thickness of the mount as i didn't have my micrometer at work--and didn't think it was super relevant in figuring out a mount. The Red rectangle is the block of area that cables have to stick downwards--i.e. where a traditional camera mount wouldn't work because the cables would be sticking down into it. I was more concerned with finding a proper camera mount that might attach to the two "leg's" on the L mount without impeding the cabling going downwards.

Anecdotally not one person I've shown this to thinks the mount makes sense. There are only 2 holes in the mount meaning your studs have to be perfectly centered to your table for this to work otherwise you have to furr out the wall with backing. The locking tabs are a joke and should be a recall not a request for a B stock camera from TAC.

Basically the only luck I've had easily mounting these stupid camera mounts are on NEC E series monitors (705/805) that have large bezels that you can have this sit on top of towards the back.

mwm

dimensions.jpg

Han Sung Kang
Level 1
Level 1

May I know more information?
I want to know the length from the back to the hole

Room Kit2.png

Hey Han,

Sorry I toggle bolted my only extra quad cam yesterday on an install ( the one i got pictures from). I'd guess off hand its 2 1/2"s from the mount hole to the base--but could be closer to 2"s. Cisco should release the CAD DWG/PDF of the mount since they released everything else for the unit on specs. I'm not going to bother asking my sales rep since that's a black hole of requests getting priority 6 outta 7 for things like this. I haven't heard anything back from SMS on getting my custom mount--but i'm pursuing getting something CNC'ed from my local AV vendor here in the SF Bay area BugID. They aren't complete muppets like cisco/tandburglars are, on mount kits...

Hi all,

I've been working with SMS to get a mount for the camera and they finally have a design put together. please see attachment. The contact for them in the US is Elizabeth Karadizian.

This is the cart i'm planning on using with LG 86UH5C monitor and spark room kit+:

https://smartmediasolutions.se/products/displays/sms-presence-mobile-motorized-xl/

thx,

mwm

Elizabeth Karadizian
Pacific Group
Professional Manufacturers’ Representative
O (800) 933-1343
M (626) 429-9018

41mm

aleksey.leonov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

If someone else is relevant

IMG_20190522_153339.jpgIMG_20190522_153355.jpgIMG_20190522_153404.jpgIMG_20190522_153415.jpgIMG_20190522_153432.jpg

metinvestnet
Level 1
Level 1

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.27.35 PM.pngSizes of 20 mm and 340 mm are taken along the centers of the holes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: